Monday, July 25, 2011

Love: A Poetic Look At I Corinthians 13

Love proclaimed with no heart,
Cannot love truly impart.
We love and Christ employs,
Because if we don't it is only noise.
(I Corinthians 13:1)

We think we know about love,
But in Christ, He came from above.
Giving my all, and loving not,
Can cause the soul to be forgot.
(I Corinthians 13:2-3)

Love can take a great deal of hurt,
And when things get tough, it does not desert.
Love is always kind,
And it does not leave anyone behind.
(I Corinthians 13:4a)

Love does not envy others,
But it exhorts its fellow brothers.
Love does not say, I did it on my own,
For by itself, it is left all alone.
(I Corinthians 13:4b)

Love does not say look at me,
It says, Christ, it is because of Thee.
Pride there is no place for you,
It is through Christ, I do what I do.
(I Corinthians 13:4b continued)

Love thinks on the things above,
And knows only the things of love.
Love is not dwelling on evil things,
But love is all that it brings.
(I Corinthians 13:5)

Love holds truth in it's heart,
And in evil it does not take part.
Love took up the cross and did forbear,
And did sacrifice His life for our sins there.
(I Corinthians 13:6-7)

Love believed when others could not,
It chose to love when others forgot.
Love had hope when none could be found,
And through the ages it still does resound.
(I Corinthians 13:7b)

Love endures when things seem hard,
And it continues on when others did disregard.
Love never fails when times get tough,
Love keeps on loving when others say that they have had enough.
(I Corinthians 13:7c, 8a)

Love cannot be known complete,
Until our Savior we shall meet.
Seek the love that God affords,
And you will know its great rewards.
(I Corinthians 13:9,10)

Love continues to flourish and grow,
I once was a child but now I know.
Love is greater than anything,
But it will not be known, until to Christ your soul you bring.  
(I Corinthians 13:11-13)

-Wade Jinright

No comments:

Post a Comment