Monday, January 31, 2011

Consumed

I stand in the fire waiting for You,
Thy Spirit consume me in everything I do.
By faith I stood in the fire and was not consumed,
You stood by me, when in the fire I was entombed.


The flames of Hell sought to claim my life,
But You pulled me away from the strife.
My life would be overtaken; if not covered by the blood,
You have kept me stable in the overwhelming flood.


A life consumed by You will know Your fulfilling joy,
And this I can proclaim to You without alloy.
From sinner to God's redeeming grace,
I know that my soul has an eternal dwelling place.


Lord, Consume me like the fire of Daniel's day,
Please lead me, so I do not go astray.
So when I join You on bright heaven's shore,
My praise will be forever more.

-Wade Jinright

No comments:

Post a Comment